Transcripts & Diplomas

If you are a student enrolled in spring or summer 2016, please wait several weeks after the term ends to order transcripts, in order to allow for grades to post. 

Law students should contact the Boalt Law School Registrar about requesting transcripts.

How Do I...?

Order a Transcript

Current Students
Free transcripts sent via US mail may be ordered here: BearFacts.

Other methods include:

  • Quickest method: Use the PDF service available at: TranscriptsPlus for $1.90.
  • In Person: Get a transcript on the spot at Cal Student Central in 120 Sproul Hall
  • Standard Mail:  BearFacts, free
  • Express Mail via TranscriptsPlus: You need to allow two business days for the processing of your request

Alumni and Summer
Use the PDF service available at: TranscriptsPlus.

Order a Transcript if I am a Applying to a Professional (lawyers, doctors, pharmacists, etc.) School

To send a transcript to an application processing service such as AMCAS, LSDAS, PHARMCAS, or other, order through: TranscriptsPlus (spring/summer 2016 use BearFacts; fall 2016 use CalCentral under Semester)

Request a Transcript as a Visiting Student

If you attended during the fall or spring terms, a transcript will be forwarded to your home campus approximately five to six weeks after the term has ended. Your course work and grades will be included in your home-campus record.

If a change occurs after the work is transferred, a replacement transcript will be sent to the home campus. 

Order a Berkeley Law School Transcript

Berkeley Law maintains academic records and distributes transcripts for all current and former law students.

Order a UC Berkeley Extension Transcript

UC Berkeley Extension maintains academic records and produces transcripts for UC Extension students.

Make Sure My Name is Correct on My Diploma

The name on your diploma will appear as it was recorded from your application for admission to UC Berkeley. You may change your name of record by providing documentation of a legal name change.

Note: While at UC Berkeley you may choose to use a preferred name. While the preferred name will appear on certain records such as your Cal 1 Card, course rosters, and Residence Hall records, the preferred name will not appear on your diploma. For more information, see "Your Name on Records & Rosters."

Change My Name on My Diploma

If an error appears in your name, or you would like to change your name on your diploma if you haven't yet graduated, submit a Petition for Change of Name Form to Cal Student Central in 120 Sproul Hall before the last day of the semester in which you intend to graduate. 

Check My Diploma Mailing Address

Diplomas are mailed four months after graduation to the diploma mailing address in

Spring and summer 2016: BearFacts

Fall 2016: CalCentral

Check and update this address prior to graduation.

If you no longer have access to campus systems, fill out the Diploma Mailing Request Form.

Request a Replacement Diploma

You may request a replacement diploma by submitting the Application for Replacement of Diploma Form. Replacement diplomas are available 45-60 days after the request is processed.

Obtain a Replacement Diploma With a New Name

Complete two forms, the Petition for Change of Name After Awarding of Degree Form and the Application for Replacement of Diploma Form. If you are replacing a diploma because of a change of name, return the original diploma to the University as part of the Replacement Application process.

Get a Transcript or Diploma Notarized

You may have your diploma or a copy of your diploma authenticated or notarized by the Registrar’s Office. Please contact our Verification Unit at 510-642-1883 and complete the Request for Verification of Attendance and Degrees Form.

Prove I Graduated Before Degrees Are Posted

If you need proof of graduation before we have posted the final degrees, submit a Request for Certificate of Completion Form to Cal Student Central in 120 Sproul Hall. There is a limit of ten certificates per student per degree.

Request a Transcript for a Family Member or for Genealogy Research

If family members are living, they order the transcript for themselves.

You may order a transcript for a deceased family member by including a death certificate or obituary along with the order. Use the Transcript Request Form and mail it to Transcripts, Office of the Registrar, 128 Sproul Hall, UC Berkekley, Berkeley, CA  94720. The transcripts will be sent first-class mail and typically take seven to ten days to arrive. There is no fee for this service.

Know When My Degree Posted to the Official Transcript

Degrees are posted on the official transcript approximately three months after the end of the term.

Receive My Diploma in the Mail

Diplomas are mailed four months after the end of the term.

Order a Dean's Certification Form

The dean’s certification form (or letter of good standing/dean’s appraisal) is a form asking for verification of your attendance and/or successful completion of your degree at UC Berkeley. Although this form often requires a dean’s signature the form is completed by Cal Student Central and not by the dean's office. Please request the completion of this form at least two weeks ahead of your deadline.