Classroom Reservations: Large/Special Weekend Reservations
Reservation Procedures for Large/Special Weekend Reservations including Conferences and Tournaments
Faculty, Staff, and Students can reserve classroom space on weekends for their conference, tournament, or other large event using these procedures if:
- You need more than one classroom reserved on a single day
- You need more than 4 hours in a single day
- Your event has an expected attendance of 300 persons or more
This policy has been adopted by the Office of the Registrar in response to the impact these types of events have caused on campus in past semesters. The policy now allows faculty, staff, and registered student groups to plan an event up to one year in advance and the expanded planning time leads to more organized events. In addition, getting our campus partners involved ahead of time (Facilities Services, UCPD, ETS, etc.) prevents unnecessary wear and tear on our university infrastructure and provides a safer experience for all attendees.
- Start your request by providing us with the details using our form (berkeley.edu address required).
- A consultation with the OR staff will be scheduled in order to finalize your request in the 25Live reservation system and to provide necessary paperwork and follow-up instructions.
- A chart string (if a campus department), purchase order or personal check (if RSO) must be provided in order to complete the facilities work order process.
- Once all paperwork has been completed and and all needed documentation is received, your event is then confirmed to take place.
- The cost of your event is not a fee for renting classroom space or payment to the Office of the Registrar. The amount quoted is a reduced cost recovery of what it takes for Facilities Services to respond to the impact of your event to campus space.
- The minimum cost for having a Large/Special Weekend Event is $150.
- For all events over 300 people, an additional $250 outdoor refuse fee is collected to offset the impact to the space surrounding the building/s in which your event is taking place.
- The maximum daily cost for all general assignment classrooms, per building, from 8 am to 10 pm are:
- Dwinelle Hall - $2115 (47 rooms)
- Wheeler Hall - $810 (18 rooms)
- Valley Life Sciences Building - $405 (9 rooms)
- All three buildings - $3330
- The cost of your event is calculated by Facilities Services as 50% of the total cost of the needed custodial sevices, plus ancillary services, to service the event spaces and campus appropriately, with the minimum charge being $150 and the maximum charge of $3330 per day.
- Evening and weekend requests can be submitted up to one year in advance.
- Requests must be submitted at least eight weeks prior to the requested date of event reservation.
- Once your event is confirmed, at least a two-week notice is necessary in order to cancel or modify your reservation.
- If all required documentation is not received by two weeks prior to the starting time of your event, your reservation will be cancelled and the date released.
For all cancellations, modifications, or questions, please email WeekendRes@Berkeley.edu. For existing or confirmed reservations, please include the reservation ID if applicable (2018-AABBCC) or the title of the request in the subject line.
All general assignment buildings are open 8 am - 10 pm. Classroom hours vary by building. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are locked out of your reserved room and/or building, please call the Facilities Services Call Center at 510-642-1032.