Registration & Enrollment - Enrollment Information

Special Registration Programs

For the following programs, students should call 510-644-9181 or visit Cal Student Central in 120 Sproul Hall. 

Cross-registration Agreements

UC Berkeley has cross-registration agreements with:
  • California State University East Bay (Hayward);
  • Mills College, Oakland;
  • San Francisco State University;
  • Sonoma State University;
  • Holy Names University;
  • John F. Kennedy University;
  • Dominican University;
  • St. Mary's College;
  • Graduate Theological Union; and
  • University of New Orleans


Intersegmental Cross-Enrollment

This programs enables undergraduates who meet certain eligibility criteria AND are enrolled at any campus of the California Community College, California State University, University of California systems to enroll without formal admission in a maximum of one course per academic term at any campus of either of the other systems on a space-available basis and at the descretion of authorities at both campuses.  CSU and CA Community College students participating in this program at UC Berkeley will be assessed a nonrefundable administrative fee of $46 per unit, which is based on the per unit fee at CA Community colleges and issubject to change.

For more information, contact D'Nean Perkins at 510-642-9660 or visit the Office of the Registrar in 123 Sproul Hall, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - noon and 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.

back to index

Other Programs:

Education Abroad Program

EAP offers the highest quality study abroad experiences tailored to meet the needs and interests of UC students. Participants stay registered at UC while abroad, continue to earn credit and make usual progress towards their degrees, and pay the same fees they would pay if they remained on their home campuses. For more information, visit the UC EAP website or the Berkeley EAP site.

Evening MBA program

The Evening & Weekend MBA Program at the Haas School of Business offers working professionals access to one of the finest management educations in the world. For more information about this program, go to the Haas School of Business website.

Exchange Scholars

The Exchange Scholar Program is designed to enable doctoral students with superior academic records to study at one of the participating institutions to take advantage of educational opportunities that are not available at Berkeley. Students are normally eligible to become an exchange scholar only after having completed one year in a Berkeley graduate degree program.

Students may take courses or conduct research with particular faculty at the host institution for no more than one year while remaining registered at Berkeley.

Participating institutions are Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Princeton, Stanford, UC Berkeley, University of Chicago, University of Pennsylvania, and Yale.

Intercampus Visitor Program

The Intercampus Visitor Program allows undergraduates enrolled on one UC campus to apply to another as an intercampus visitor for one term. Permission to participate in this program is granted on a very limited basis and only for valid academic reasons.

Students visiting UC Berkeley must attend college or school that is that same as or equivalent to the one in which they are enrolled at their home campus.  The uniqueness of the proposed program, its value to the student's major, and the availablility of space in proposed courses are the main considerations in evaluating applications.  Applications to enroll in courses offered by impacted major programs will not be approved.  If your application is for the College of Letters & Science, please visit this webpage for additional information.

Complete this application and carefully follow the instructions provided.  You may direct your questions to D'Nean Perkins in the Office of the Registrar at or 510-642-9660.

Intercampus Exchange Program

A graduate student registered on any campus of the University of California may go to another campus of the University as an Intercampus Exchange Graduate Student with the approval of:

  • the student's graduate advisor
  • the chair of the department on the host campus
  • the deans of the Graduate Division on the home and the host campus

This privilege is available to graduate students who would like to associate with scholars or fields of study not available on the home campus, or who seek the use of special facilities and collections. Click here to go to the program website.

International Students (EAP Reciprocity Program)

International students come to UC Berkeley for one or two semesters as part of the University of California's Education Abroad Program (EAP). EAP is a set of reciprocal exchanges between the University of California and its partner institutions abroad. Undergraduate and graduate reciprocity students are nominated by the partner universities under the provisions of specific contractual agreements, and attend a UC campus for up to one academic year on a no-fee-exchange, non-degree basis. For more information on UC's Reciprocal Exchanges, visit the EAP systemwide website.

Simultaneous Enrollment Program

This program enables UC undergraduates to enroll in one course per term offered by another UC campus. There are no additional fees for this program, but students must be fully registered and in good standing at their home UC campus in order to participate. Applications for the program are provided and processed by the student’s home UC campus. Questions about this process should be directed to the University Registrar at your home UC campus.

UC Berkeley students should complete this application and carefully follow the instructions provided. Applications are also available at the Office of the Registrar in 120 Sproul Hall. UC Berkeley students should direct their questions to D'Nean Perkins in the Office of the Registrar at or 510-642-9660.

This page was last updated on Tuesday, April 28, 2015