The 25Live Scheduling System is open for Fall 2021 Department and Registered Student Organization requests. Please note NO WEEKDAY RESERVATIONS PRIOR to 8:00PM are allowed during Phase I which ends 9/22/21.
Reservation Procedures for Major/Large Weekend Reservations including Conferences and Tournaments
Faculty, Staff, and Students can reserve classroom space on weekends for conference, tournaments, or other major/large events that:
- require multiple rooms and/or
- are six hours or more on one day and/or
- will have 300 or more attendees.
Fees will be charged in most cases. Reference: Classroom Rate Card
- Faculty/Staff: Submit requests using the Major/Large Weekend form
- Student Groups: Submit requests directly into 25Live (do NOT use form)
Please note: The Office of the Registrar is unable to provide or bring in additional furniture and equipment into General Assignment classroom spaces. Please contact ASUC Event Services or Educational Technology Services (ETS) to inquire about renting additional items.
- Why has this policy been adopted?
This policy has been adopted by the Office of the Registrar in response to the impact these types of events have caused on campus in past semesters. The policy now allows faculty, staff, and registered student groups to plan an event up to one year in advance and the expanded planning time leads to more organized events. In addition, getting our campus partners involved ahead of time (Facilities Services, UCPD, ETS, etc.) prevents unnecessary wear and tear on our university infrastructure and provides a safer experience for all attendees.
- Step-by-Step Reservation Process
- Start your request by providing us with the details using our form (berkeley.edu address required).
- A consultation with the OR staff will be scheduled in order to finalize your request in the 25Live reservation system and to provide the necessary paperwork and follow-up instructions.
- A chart string (if a campus department), purchase order or personal check (if RSO) must be provided in order to complete the facilities work order process.
- Once all paperwork has been completed and all needed documentation is received, your event is then confirmed.
- Cost of Your Event
- The cost of your event is not a fee for renting classroom space, nor is it a payment to the Office of the Registrar — it is a recovery of the cost for Facilities Services to respond to the impact of your event to campus space.
- The minimum cost for having a Large/Special Weekend Event is $155.
- For all events over 300 people, an additional $250 outdoor refuse fee is collected to offset the impact to the space surrounding the building(s) in which your event is taking place.
- Fees are subject to change.
- Important Policy Information
- Evening and weekend requests can be submitted up to one year in advance.
- Requests must be submitted at least eight weeks prior to the requested date of event reservation.
- Once your event is confirmed, at least a two-week notice is necessary in order to cancel or modify your reservation.
- If all required documentation is not received by two weeks prior to the starting time of your event, your reservation will be cancelled and the date released.
- Questions, Cancellations, and Modifications
For all cancellations, modifications, or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For existing or confirmed reservations, please include the reservation ID if applicable (2018-AABBCC) or the title of the request in the subject line.
- Building and Classroom Hours
All general assignment buildings are open 8 am - 10 pm. Classroom hours vary by building. Please email us at email@example.com for more information.
- General Assignments Classroom Lockouts
If you are locked out of your reserved room and/or building, please call the Facilities Services Call Center at 510-642-1032. Please have the following information ready: room number and building, the date and time of your reservation, the event name as written on 25Live, and the name of the signatory who made the request on 25Live.
- Alternative spaces