Faculty & Staff
Reservation Procedures for Faculty and Staff
Who is Eligible to Reserve a General Assignment Classroom?
Faculty and staff in academic and administrative departments are eligible to reserve General Assignment (GA) classrooms. Eligible parties may submit requests for university functions via 25Live.
Non-affiliated entities are not allowed to reserve classroom space and departments may not sponsor or host events that are not relevant to the purpose and mission of the requesting academic department. Non-affiliated entities may wish to contact Event Services or check for Alternate Spaces to host their events.
- General Assignment (GA) classrooms on campus may be reserved for authorized university activities and programs in accordance with existing university policies, campus regulations, and any specific restrictions.
- Any non-academic use of GA classrooms must not significantly interfere with official university functions or unreasonably disrupt normal operations of the campus.
- Non-academic use of GA classrooms must be for authorized activities that have a direct programmatic relationship to the purpose of the university department.
Please note: The Office of the Registrar is unable to provide or bring in additional furniture and equipment into General Assignment classroom spaces. Please contact ASUC Event Services or Educational Technology Services (ETS) to inquire about renting additional items.
The scheduling system 25Live may be used to submit requests for:
- Review sessions
- Midterm exams
- DSP accommodations
- Department meetings
- Film screenings
- Outreach programs
Important Deadlines and Policies
- Weekday requests must be submitted at least three business days prior to the start of the event.
- Weeks 1–4 of Fall/Spring instruction: classrooms are not available for one-time reservations before 8 p.m. on weekdays.
- Weeks 5–15 of Fall/Spring instruction: one-time reservations before 8 p.m. on weekdays are put on hold until Week 5. Check the Academic Calendar for specific dates.
- Summer Session A to the beginning of Session D: Classrooms are not available for one-time reservations before 5 p.m. on weekdays. Check the Academic Calendar for specific dates.
- Final exams and DeCals must be scheduled by the department scheduler.
General Guidelines for Reserving General Assignment Classrooms
Have Questions? Contact us at email@example.com. If you are inquiring about a specific request, please include the event confirmation ID (e.g. 2018-AABBCC) in the subject line and in the email body
Most general assignment classrooms are available Monday-Friday 8am to 10pm. Building hours may vary from the standard classroom hours.
The University is not open on Saturday and Sundays or on University holidays, however, designated buildings can be reserved on the weekends.
During the first four weeks of instruction, classrooms are not available for one-time reservations between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday due to scheduling academic class changes.
Barrows Hall classrooms (and other selected classrooms) are available on weekends for one-time reservations (i.e. one room of 75 capacity or less, for 4 hours or less). Requests for these reservations need to be submitted in 25Live before 11:59 pm on the Tuesday previous to the weekend being requested. All other building and classroom locations on campus are closed on weekends.
All requests for weekend space that is outside of a one-time reservation (i.e. longer than 4 hours, needing more than one room, more than 75 people) can refer to Large/Special Weekend Events for more information or start your request here.
Weekday reservations during summer sessions before 5pm are not available until summer session D. Up until that date, we are still scheduling classrooms and class changes for the five summer sessions. Please see the summer session website for specific dates.
It is recommended that you look to alternative campus event spaces if you have an event that needs long lead times in planning.
To learn how to cancel room requests or confirmed room reservations, please review our Quick Start guide.
Please be advised that the following are not allowed in General Assignment Classrooms:
- Amplified sound (with the exception of the instructor microphone)
- Serving, preparing, cooking, or eating food
- Obstructing or covering walls, windows, doors, or exits
- Group "chalking" on chalkboards or whiteboards
- No flyers or advertising in classrooms - use designated building bulletin boards
- Adhering, taping, or nailing things to walls, doors, windows or floors
- Exceeding posted capacity
- Removing furniture from classrooms and/or buildings
- Noise that can be heard from outside the classroom or in adjoining rooms (music, group singing, dancing etc.)
- Occupying classrooms outside of reserved time or after building closure
Before you go...
- Reset room according to furniture diagram
- Erase chalkboard/whiteboard
- Remove excessive trash from room
Visit the UC Berkeley Events website for alternative Campus Event Facilities.