The Office of the Registrar and the other Admissions and Enrollment offices (Office Undergraduate Admissions, Financial Aid and Scholarships, and Cal Student Central) stand in solidarity with the Black community at UC Berkeley. Learn more on the A&E page.
What we do
The goal of the Office of the Registrar (OR) is to connect our outstanding students with the campus’s incredible curriculum and faculty. We are stewards for mission-critical student records that support operations throughout the campus, as well as data that supports decision-making and reporting. We interpret and implement the academic and administrative policies of the campus in the areas of student registration and enrollment, produce the catalog of courses and curriculum, manage classrooms and scheduling, maintain student records including grades and graduation, and provide FERPA training.
The Office of the Registrar provides critical services that support:
- Navigation: Develop public-facing enrollment planning tools featuring class searches by major requirements, open seats, instructor, waitlists and enrollment restrictions.
- Discovery: Promote Suggested Classes on Twitter, highlighting under-enrolled classes; Support new academic opportunities and international programs.
- Student Experience: Empower students with information on veterans’ benefits, preferred name, degree completion, and policies.
The Office of the Registrar supports students, alumni, faculty, and staff. We are responsible for:
- Class enrollment & registration
- Fee assessment
- Verification of registration & graduation
- Diplomas and transcripts
- Preservation & privacy of student records
- Berkeley Academic Guide and Class Schedule
- Reservations for 200+ classrooms
- Residency determination for tuition purposes
- Aiding US veterans and service members
- Cross-registration & cross-campus enrollment
- Supporting new programs and initiatives
- Planning for future campus needs
- Ensure integrity of data that is shared across campus
What our work means to the campus
We support teaching and learning by guiding students toward faculty, classes, and degree programs that nurture their academic passions. We ensure the integrity of our student and alumni records, validate academic milestones, implement policies, and manage classrooms. We support diversity through targeted programs such as expanding preferred name usage and administering AB 540 in our residency determinations.
Office of the Registrar Main Office
120 Sproul Hall
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720-5404
Visit the our contact page for more resources.