University of California, Berkeley now offers Certified Electronic Diplomas (CeDiploma) starting with the Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 graduating classes! The CeDiploma is available at no cost in addition to the traditional paper diploma and your official transcript.
Watch an Overview video to learn more about the CeDiploma!
- The CeDiploma will be available for download in CalCentral at the same time that traditional paper diplomas are mailed (typically 4 months after the end of term)
- Students will be notified via an email from firstname.lastname@example.org when the credential is ready with detailed instructions.
Key Benefits of a CeDiploma
It’s more than a paper credential. A CeDiploma offers:
- an official, secure, and verifiable PDF version of your accomplishment.
- unlimited sharing with family, friends, employers and social media.
- proof of education with only the important details.
- a simple document for employers to read and understand.
- The CeDiD allows for instant proof of your accomplishment using Validation Services.
- Expedite the verification process by providing your CeDiD and validation URL on your resume.
Visit the CeCredential website to learn more about the certified electronic credential.
Credential Validation Demo
- Each CeDiploma can be independently validated via the UC Berkeley Registrar website by future employers, State Government Licensing Agencies, and any other entity that wishes to validate your achievement.
- The document is digitally signed and encrypted, providing greater trust and acceptance.
- For security reasons, the electronic credential cannot be printed.
Note: The CeDiploma is only available beginning with the Spring 2020 graduating class.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I expect my electronic diploma to be available?
- Fall diplomas will be ready at the end of April, Spring diplomas will be ready at the end of September and Summer diplomas will be ready at the end of November.
Where can I find more information about my paper diploma?
- Information about the paper diplomas can be found on the Office of the Registrar website.
How can I ensure my electronic diploma’s authenticity?
- Learn more at UC Berkeley’s Credential Validation page.
How can I share my electronic diploma through social media?
- Learn more about at the CeCredential FAQ site.
Can I change my diploma address now?
- You will be sent an email with instructions and deadlines for updating your diploma mailing address.
How do I verify where my paper diploma will be mailed?
For additional information about the Certified Electronic Credential features, trademarks and patents, please visit cecredentialtrust.com.