Transferring Credit

Check with your college or department before enrolling at another university in order to ensure that courses you take will be applied toward your degree.

Berkeley Requirements for Transfer Credit

Visit, the online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at California Community Colleges can be applied to UC Berkeley requirements. If you are transferring credit from a four-year institution or community college outside of California, your course work will need to be evaluated.

Work from another UC campus will count in the Berkeley GPA. (This does not include Berkeley Extension coursework.)

You can learn more about admissions requirements for undergraduate transfer students on the Office of Undergraduate Admissions website. If you are a graduate student, you can learn more about transferring credit through the Graduate Division

Submitting Your Transcript

If you have completed course work elsewhere and would like to transfer it to your UC Berkeley transcript, follow the directions on the Undergraduate Admissions website.

It may take the Central Evaluation Unit up to six weeks for the evaluation of transfer credit to be completed and posted to the Berkeley transcript.

If you have questions about the evaluation of the transfer work, contact Cal Student Central.

Graduating Seniors

If you are on the degree list and are completing degree requirements at another university or through University Extension, check with your college evaluation unit to have transfer work evaluated.


Complete transfer coursework by: 

  • December 31 for fall term
  • May 31 for spring term
  • August 31 for summer sessions

Submit transcripts by: 

  • The 6th week after the end of finals for fall and spring terms
  • The 5th week after the end of finals for summer sessions