Students can update their CalCentral account to provide the following:

  • A lived name (which is a self-chosen personal and/or preferred professional first, middle, and last name used instead of a legal name); 
  • Select which name (lived or legal) they want each of their delegates to see; and 
  • Indicate their gender identity, sexual orientation, and pronouns. 

It is important to note that unless there is an identified lived name, the name field will default to the legal name. Once you make these updates in CalCentral, this information will be synced across multiple University systems and you will see this reflected in your directory listing, bCourses, Google Workspace (bConnected, bCal, bMail, bDrive), and more.

How Do I…?