Facing challenges that may make it hard to stay enrolled in classes? Know that we care about you and are here to help. To make an informed decision about what’s best for you and your future, explore the resources below and be sure to reach out to your college advisor.

Are you ready to enroll and just haven’t gotten to it yet? Read about the next steps you should take now

Get support with your well-being

  • Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) provides mental health resources to you. Call CAPS at (510) 642-9494, or call the after-hours counseling line at (855) 817-5667. Counselors are available for virtual counseling appointments by phone or video.

  • Recalibrate can connect you to wellness resources designed for the entire campus community.

  • The Basic Needs Center provides essential resources that impact your health, belonging, persistence, and overall well-being. Book a virtual appointment with the Basic Needs Manager by emailing basicneedssupport@berkeley.edu, or for immediate support call (510) 519-4003 (Monday–Friday 9 a.m.–5 p.m.).

Get financial support

  • UC Berkeley has several resources to help if you’re struggling with financial concerns. For those struggling with the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, you could be eligible for a short-term emergency loan, or it could make sense for you to apply for an expected family contribution appeal. Visit the Financial Aid website to see what may be right for you. 

  • Cal Student Central provides online and phone advising for financial aid, registration, and billing inquiries. Visit their website for their phone advising hours, create a case with your inquiry, or use the CSC chatbot which is available 24/7.

  • Remember, remaining continuously enrolled can help you earn your degree on time and save you money in the long run.

Get community care

Helpful facts to know:

  • Insurance: SHIP insurance is dependent on enrollment. Make sure to check the end date of your insurance if you do not plan to stay enrolled.

  • Loan Repayment: If you are not enrolled for a period of 6 months, you could enter loan repayment. Read more at the Federal Student Aid website. 

  • Work-Study: Enrollment can affect your UC Berkeley job. Students can’t continue to earn work-study pay if they’re no longer enrolled, which can affect their employer’s ability to retain them. Student staff positions also require you to be enrolled and typically only offer a limited grace period. Contact your employer to see how enrollment can affect your position.