Submitting Final Grades
Submitting Final Grades
To Get Started
Login to CalCentral
- Go to My Academics > Teaching > [Term]
We are available by email at email@example.com, or by phone at 510.642.5042.
Quick Guides, Videos, and FAQs
Review our handouts, walk-through videos, and frequently asked questions for resources and information on how to enter or upload, edit, save, approve, submit, and post final semester grades.
- March 28, 2017: Grading rosters are available in CalCentral
- May 17, 2017: Grades due (per Senate policy, grades are due 5 days after the end of the term)
- May 23, 2017: Final grade submission deadline for applying repeat rules
- May 26, 2017: Final grade submission deadline*
Deadlines occur at 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on the dates listed. When entering final grades from a location in a time zone other than PDT, please be aware of how the time difference may impact you.
*Financial aid, honors, probation, and clearance for graduation may be adversely affected for students whose grades are still missing after May 26, 2017.
Instructors who use the bCourses Assignments and Grading tools can export students' final grades from bCourses directly into the format required by CalCentral. A bCourses help document includes step-by-step directions.
As an instructor you may delegate authority for entering (but not approving) grades to a GSI, a head GSI or a departmental staff member. In the BearFacts system, instructors were able to directly delegate the ability to enter grades to another person. In the new system, this is a two-step process.
- Add the Proxy to the Instructor/Adviser Table: Before proxies may be assigned to enter grades for a given class, they must be added to the Instructor/Adviser Table in the new system. If the proxy is a GSI, they are already in this table. If the proxy is a department staff member, they need to be added to the table by the Registrar’s Office. This is a one-time action. Please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add the Proxy to the Class: Once the person being assigned proxy power is added to the Instructor/Adviser table, they are ready to be attached to a class. The departmental class scheduler needs to assign the 5-PROXY code to the instructor's choice. Those who are assigned the 5-PROXY code, may enter grades on behalf of the instructor in the primary section, but they may not approve them.