The Class Schedule is a robust tool supported by the Office of the Registrar to help you explore Berkeley’s offerings and find amazing classes that fit your needs.
There are many ways to customize, filter, and layer your search for classes. Here are a few ways that the search features might benefit you:
- View an alpha-numeric list of classes by department subject from the top horizontal menu, layer on a term specific search, and narrow the list to classes that are offered on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Select a term and explore all of the classes that satisfy the Historical Studies Breadth requirement and the American Cultures requirement.
- Find a class by favorite instructor that still has open seats.
- Use the new Search by Major Requirements feature (see below for more detail).
See the Class Schedule FAQs for answers to additional questions including:
- Where information from the Class Schedule is sourced
- How long it takes the Class Schedule to display data
Major Requirements Search
The Class Schedule now allows students to search for classes in a given term that fulfill specific major requirements. This search feature is brought to you by the Student Technology Fund (STF).
This search feature was released in October 2019 with a nine-major pilot that has since expanded to 18 majors in total including Bioengineering, Classical Civilizations, Cognitive Science, Data Science, Economics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, English, Environmental Earth Science, Environmental Economics and Policy, Environmental Sciences, Gender and Women’s Studies, Integrative Biology, Mathematics, Molecular and Cell Biology, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, and Urban Studies. These majors account for nearly 50% of all declared students.
Learn how to use this feature by watching this video…
… Or follow the three easy steps below to learn about this search feature:
- In the Major Requirements facet on the left-hand toolbar, select your requirement year (as far back as 2017-2018). Generally, the requirement year is when you were admitted to Berkeley or your major. Declared students can verify their requirement year in CalCentral’s Academic Progress Report (APR).
- Select your declared or intended major
- Select the term in which you would like to search for classes. The search is possible beginning with Spring 2020 class offerings.
The resulting list will show all classes that fulfill one or more of the major requirements listed in the left-hand column. Use the left-hand column filters to narrow your search to specific requirements, classes with open seats, classes at certain times, classes that fulfill breadth requirements, etc.
The Search by Major Requirements feature will expand each semester to include more majors and provide undergraduates with a unique tool for exploring the classes they need to complete their degrees.