Submitting Final Grades
To Get Started
Login to CalCentral
- Go to My Academics > Teaching > [Term]
If you cannot access your grading link in CalCentral, you may not have been assigned to the correct role and access in the class schedule. Please contact your department scheduler to update the system.
For all other grading concerns, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by phone at 510-642-5042.
Quick Guides, Videos, and FAQs
Review our handouts, walk-through videos, and frequently asked questions for resources and information on how to enter or upload, edit, save, approve, submit, and post final semester grades.
Using CSV on a Mac for grading?
If you are exporting a CSV from Excel on a Mac, please choose “Windows Comma Separated (.csv)” for the format. Fore more information, see the guide for Importing from a Spreadsheet.
Please submit grades on time. Financial aid, honors, probation, and clearance for graduation may be adversely affected for students whose grades are submitted late.
When entering final grades from a location in a time zone other than PST, please be aware of how the time difference may impact you.
- October 31, 2022: Grading rosters are available in CalCentral
- December 16, 2022: Fall term ends
- December 21, 2022: Grades due
- March 27, 2023: Grading rosters are available in CalCentral.
- May 12, 2023: Spring term ends
- May 17, 2023: Grades due
- June 26, 2023: Grading rosters are available in CalCentral for all sessions
- June 30, 2023: First 6 week session ends
- July 5, 2023: Grades due for first 6-week session
- August 11, 2023: Summer term ends
- August 16, 2023: Final grade submission deadline for all other sessions
Instructors who use the bCourses Assignments and Grading tools can export students’ final grades from bCourses directly into the format required by CalCentral. A bCourses help document includes step-by-step directions.
As an instructor you may delegate authority for entering (but not approving) grades to a GSI, a head GSI or a departmental staff member. This is a two-step process.
- Add the Proxy to the Instructor/Adviser Table: Before proxies may be assigned to enter grades for a given class, they must be added to the Instructor/Adviser Table in the new system. If the proxy is a GSI, they are already in this table. If the proxy is a department staff member, they need to be added to the table by the Registrar’s Office. This is a one-time action. Please send requests to email@example.com.
- Add the Proxy to the Class: Once the person being assigned proxy power is added to the Instructor/Adviser table, they are ready to be attached to a class. The departmental class scheduler needs to assign the 5-PROXY code to the instructor’s choice. Those who are assigned the 5-PROXY code, may enter grades on behalf of the instructor in the primary section, but they may not approve them.