Additional information will be posted to the Instruction FAQ.
This webpage lists all service adjustments that the Office of the Registrar has made as a result of COVID-19. The Office of the Registrar is not offering in-person services at this time. If a service is not listed on this page, the normal process and policy apply. Please see the topic’s designated page on this website for more information.
Cal Student Central requests should be submitted by opening a case on their website.
- In-person transcripts are not available for pick up at Cal Student Central. Current students should use the link on Calcentral and alumni use TranscriptsPlus. Online orders can only be handled for students who attended between Fall 1975 and Summer 2020. We apologize that we are unable to produce transcripts for any years prior at this moment.
SSN/ITIN corrections can be made on the Cal Central profile. Students who no longer have an active UC Berkeley Cal Central profile may request a correction by completing the Request for Social Security or Taxpayer ID Number form and returning the completed form along with a copy of your Social Security Card by one of the following methods:
Academic Records – Office of the Registrar
University of California
124 Sproul Hall
(For security reasons, do not email your SSN/ITIN)
By Fax: 510-643-9819
- If you are facing enrollment challenges, please see our Resources and Support for Staying Enrolled.
- The Veterans Benefits Unit is available to assist you via email at email@example.com during normal business hours (9am-12pm and 1pm-4pm M-F).
- The VA has worked with lawmakers to ensure VA students’ benefits are affected as little as possible this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. With the passage of H.R.8337 – Continuing Appropriations Act, 2021 and Other Extensions Act, the special COVID rules have been extended to December 21, 2021. Among other things, Post 9/11 GI Bill students who pursue resident courses converted to an online modality solely due to COVID 19 will continue to receive the MHA rate for resident training.
- Please note the following:
- Classes offered remotely that would normally be offered in-person, may be certified as taken “in residence” and will therefore pay the normal monthly allowance for housing (MHA) rate.
- Classes that were designed to be offered online must be certified as “distance learning” for the lower online rate. These classes are identified by a “W” prefix in the course number — e.g., ART W23AC and ASAMST W20AC.
- Please note the following:
- P/NP, S/U, P/NC grades and VA benefits: Passing grades will not impact VA educational benefits. However, The VA will not pay for units that receive NP (No Pass), U (Unsatisfactory) or NC (No Credit) grades because they are non-punitive — i.e., they do not count toward degree progress and are not factored into GPA. Units graded NP, U or NC must be deducted from your unit load certified with the VA. If the reduction in certified units drops you below full-time, your housing allowance/stipend will be reduced accordingly and the VA will bill you for the balance.
Note: The latest information on how UC Berkeley is preparing for coronavirus can be found at news.berkeley.edu/coronavirus.