To initiate Veterans Affairs Benefits at UC Berkeley,  please provide the following documents to Veterans Benefits. You may submit documentation by emailing or in-person by checking in at the front desk of Sproul Hall during our operating hours. Please redact your Social Security Number on any documents you submit electronically.

All Students

  • Veteran Services Intake Form
  • Certificate of Eligibility (Chapters 30, 33, and 35)
  • VA Form 28-1905 Authorization for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Chapter 31 – VRE)
  • Notice of Basic Eligibility (Chapter 1606 and 1607)
  • DD214 for veterans or Military ID for Active Duty (optional)

Students who Received Benefits at Another Institution

Graduate Students Only

  • Graduate Veterans Education Plan (This form must be submitted before your second term can be certified and needs to be reviewed and signed by an advisor from your college.)
How Do I…?