To initiate Veterans Affairs Benefits at UC Berkeley, please provide the following documents to Veterans Benefits. You may submit documentation by emailing email@example.com or in-person by checking in at the front desk of Sproul Hall during our operating hours. Please redact your Social Security Number on any documents you submit electronically.
- Veteran Services Intake Form
- Certificate of Eligibility (Chapters 30, 33, and 35)
- VA Form 28-1905 Authorization for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Chapter 31 – VRE)
- Notice of Basic Eligibility (Chapter 1606 and 1607)
- DD214 for veterans or Military ID for Active Duty (optional)
Students who Received Benefits at Another Institution
- Change of Place of Training Form 22-5495 (Chapter 35)
- Change of Place of Training Form 22-1995 (for all other Chapters)
Graduate Students Only
- Graduate Veterans Education Plan (This form must be submitted before your second term can be certified and needs to be reviewed and signed by an advisor from your college.)
- Find Out My Benefit Status
UC Berkeley's Veterans Benefits unit does not have access to an individual’s VA benefits status. Contact the VA directly for information regarding:
- Your eligibility for VA benefits
- Remaining eligibility time for existing benefits
- Payment status (housing allowance and educational stipends)
- Change My Enrollment Status With VA Benefits
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if:
- You plan to enroll in less than the full-time requirement for your school, college, or program.
- You change your major program, add or drop courses, or need to withdraw from the University.
- Get Priority Enrollment
Veterans and active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces and Coast Guard are eligible for priority enrollment appointments even if they are not using a VA educational benefit.
To receive a priority enrollment appointment, veterans should provide a copy of their DD214 (active duty U.S. Service members should provide a copy of their valid military ID) to email@example.com.
New students will be able to take advantage of this benefit after their first semester.
- Apply for the Nonresident Fee Waiver
For military-related exemptions to nonresident supplemental tuition, see Exceptions & Exemptions.