Service Adjustments

This webpage lists all service adjustments that the Office of the Registrar has made as a result of COVID-19. The Office of the Registrar is not offering in-person services at this timeIf a service is not listed on this page, the normal process and policy apply. Please see the topic’s designated page on this website for more information.

Cal Student Central requests should be submitted by opening a case on their website.

Academic Records

  • Questions concerning diplomas can be sent to Students who graduated in the fall will receive an email when the diploma is sent.
  • The new process for requesting a Certificate of Degree Completion via email for non-registered students who need proof of graduation (before the end of the term) can be found on the Transcripts and Diplomas page under “Prove I graduated before degrees are posted”.
  • In-person transcripts are not available for pick up at Cal Student Central. Current students should use the link on Calcentral and alumni use TranscriptsPlus. Online orders can only be handled for students who attended between Fall 1975 and Spring 2020. We apologize that we are unable to produce transcripts for any years prior at this moment.
  • Petitions for name changes can be submitted via email from your email address. Attach the completed Petition for Name Change form along with copies of the required documentation (see list of documents accepted on the petition form) to Changes will be made within five working days.
  • Corrections of Academic Record due to typographical errors can be sent from your email address to Please state your full name and your SID in your request.
  • SSN Corrections: Students should email to request a video Google Hangouts appointment with a records staff member. The student should be prepared to present the required documents to the staff member on video and email the request form (without listing the SSN) to the staff member. The staff member will make the change to the system upon video verification and receipt of the form. Alternatively, students can mail or fax documents to the Office of the Registrar and they will be processed once the office reopens.

Faculty and Staff Resources

  • Deadline for reporting midterm deficient grades has been extended to 9:00 am on Tuesday, March 24, 2020.
  • Deadline for reporting final grades has been extended to 11:59 pm on Tuesday, May 26, 2020.
  • Repeat rules will be amended to allow a repeat of a letter grade with a Pass/No Pass grade.


  • Closed for office hours until further notice
  • Contact by email only at
  • UC Residence Policy COVID-19 Guidance effective March 12, 2020: In an effort to mitigate the impact these extenuating circumstances have on students, UCOP is issuing the following temporary guidance for UC students in the process of fulfilling UC Residency Physical Presence and Intent Requirements and who have become ill, who need to care for someone who is ill, and/or who need to leave California as a result of the COVID-19 emergency:
    • Physical Presence – An Out of State Absence exceeding the six week allowed by current policy will be evaluated on a case by case basis according to the student’s respective campus curtailments supporting the link of their absence to the COVID-19 emergency.
    • Intent – Students unable to secure required Government Indicia e.g. California Driver’s License or ID, due to reduced or delayed agency services and absences will be evaluated on a case by case basis where the link to the delay can be tied to the COVID-19 emergency.


Academic Classroom Scheduling

  • Training for new schedulers and drop-in hours have been postponed until further notice.
  • All services provided via email correspondence via

Veteran's Benefits

  • The Veterans Benefits Unit is available to assist you via email at during normal business hours (9am-12pm and 1pm-4pm M-F). 
  • Request certification for Summer 2020 here.
  • Please prepare for the possibility that Summer Sessions 2020 courses are offered solely in an online format. If this is the case, the VA has an online monthly housing rate (currently $894.50/month).
  • P/NP, S/U, P/NC grades and VA benefits: Passing grades will not impact VA educational benefits. However, The VA will not pay for units that receive NP (No Pass), U (Unsatisfactory) or NC (No Credit) grades because they are non-punitive — i.e., they do not count toward degree progress and are not factored into GPA. Units graded NP, U or NC must be deducted from your unit load certified with the VA.  If the reduction in certified units drops you below full-time, your housing allowance/stipend will be reduced accordingly and the VA will bill you for the balance.  

Verification of Attendance and Degrees

  • Current students may obtain Student Self-Service enrollment verifications via CalCentral (MyAcademics > Academic Records > Enrollment Verification)
  • Employers and other parties not affiliated with UC Berkeley may verify the attendance and degrees of UC Berkeley students and alumni through the National Student Clearinghouse, a nonprofit organization serving the higher education community. The Clearinghouse may be reached by phone at 703-742-4200. This vendor charges a fee for their service.
  • Most other services are temporarily unavailable because they require a staff presence on campus and/or University mail service, both of which have been suspended due to the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19.  Should you have questions or concerns, please open a case with Cal Student Central and we’ll assist you to the best of our ability.

Note: The latest information on how UC Berkeley is preparing for coronavirus can be found at