General Assignment classrooms are classrooms that are managed by the Office of the Registrar and can be reserved for student use. (Non-GA classrooms are directly managed by academic departments instead of the Office of the Registrar.) Please note that:
- General Assignment (GA) classrooms on campus may be reserved for authorized university activities and programs in accordance with existing university policies, campus regulations, and any specific building restrictions.
- Non-academic use of GA classrooms must be for authorized activities that have a direct programmatic relationship to the purpose of the university department or the mission of the university, and must not interfere with official university functions or unreasonably disrupt campus operations.
- The person in control of the event or activity must be on site for the duration of the entire event. For departmental events only, if someone cannot be present, the department must sign a waiver accepting all responsibility for the possible cost of property damage or bodily injury arising out of the event.
- The department or registered student organization is responsible for the cost of all building unlocking/locking, custodial services, grounds maintenance, possible property damage, or other impacts (possibly unforeseen), resulting from this event.
- University departments should not act as agents for students, signatories, RSOs, or non-affiliated, outside groups.
- Non-Affiliated groups or people are not permitted to reserve classroom space through the Office of the Registrar at this time. You may refer to ASUC Event Services or the Campus Event Facilities List.
Please note: Non-Affiliated groups or people are not permitted to reserve classroom space through the Office of the Registrar at this time
Most general assignment classrooms are available Monday–Friday 8am to 10pm. Building hours may vary. The University is not open on Saturday and Sundays or on University holidays, however, designated buildings can be reserved on the weekends. For more information, contact us at email@example.com if you are faculty or staff, or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a student.
If you are locked out of your reserved room and/or building, please call the Facilities Services Call Center at 510-642-1032.
Please note: The Office of the Registrar is unable to provide or bring in additional furniture and equipment into General Assignment classroom spaces. Please contact ASUC Event Services or Educational Technology Services (ETS) to inquire about renting additional items.
It is recommended that you look to alternative campus event spaces if we cannot accommodate the logistics of your event.
For more information and to reserve a room select one of the following:
- Registered Student Organizations
- Faculty and Staff
- Large/Special Weekend Reservations required if your event:
- Needs more than one classroom reserved on a single day.
- Needs more than four hours in a single day or multiple classrooms.
- Has an expected attendance of 300 persons or more.